Each year Autodesk University’s goal is to curate the most insightful, exciting, and above all useful program for every AU attendee—including you. That’s why we’re giving you a chance to weigh in on what you want to learn by voting for this year’s AU class proposals.
Below is my two classes that I put together this year. Hopefully my classes get picked and I can show and teach everyone something new! Thanks for voting! LINK
Energy Model Life Cycle
In the past, working in the schematic design phase, there were usually two other major tools being used. From the stand point of trying to use Autodesk tools at this stage we just didn’t have the tools to get the job done. Using the other design tools lead down a pathway of the “throw away model” approach. The new workflow lets us to continue with the design model along with the energy model as we transition from schematic design to design development. Times have changed, using Dynamo, Fractal, FormIt, Revit, and Insight equals a comprehensive Autodesk solution from early schematic design to design development that now includes an energy model performance life cycle! Insight’s energy analysis and benchmarks are based on a tried and true DOE-2, Energy PLUS, gbXML Certified, and ASHRAE 140 Validation engines. We will also look at how Insight can plug into 2030 Design Data Exchange to help track your progress.
– See how schematic design has been reinvented with a better set of tools.
– Learn how a single energy model can been used from schematic design to design development and further.
– Understand how Insight sets a new standard for energy modeling.
– Look at how to use the workflow of Dynamo Studio to Fractal to FormIt to Insight including Revit to Insight.
Technology Disruption, Now What?!?!
Technology is moving at a fast pace these days and with it comes technology disruptions. We will look at what has happened in the past and what is happening today and see how your firm can come up with a strategy moving forward. Some items to start thinking about; How is your firm been dealing with these disruptions? What lessons has your firm learned? Where is your firm in the “bell curve” of adoption? Are you and your staff being proactive? Are you walking and talking “Return on Investment” on your processes? Asking these questions and more, we will start looking at how to connect strategies together so your firm adopts and progresses with technology, staff, and workflows. After this presentation, this will be your first of many steps in what I call “Constant Cycle of Improvement”.
– Understanding processes and workflows of the 3 legs of improvement.
– Learn how you and your firm can adopt technology the right way.
– Getting off the merry-go-round of “it’s all about the technology”.
– Learning how to talk to management/owners about ROI.