Improving data integration workflows will bring immediate value to both GIS and BIM users. We know we can achieve more than just data integration and are already researching opportunities to bring context to the design and building workflows that lead to improved construction and renovation of facilities and infrastructure. LINK
Autodesk just released a new version of FormIt. The best new feature is Flatten Face, but better yet use it to Extrude to Face!
Great addition! See all of the great tips and tricks here: LINK
Here is the run down…
As with other recent updates, we have been listening to YOU, our loyal users, and spending time fixing a lot of bugs and improving workflows. Here are some highlights for all platforms:
- Improved performance all around, but specifically with areas such as model navigation and drag face and move
- Better support for metric units, including modeling at the millimeter level!
- Improved Spline tool – which is no longer limited to a single plane
- Added a Flatten Faces tool – useful especially for imported models with slightly non-planar faces
Windows version only
- Added support for SketchUp 2018 import
- Improved the overall SketchUp import process including better support of materials and components with “Cut Hole” enabled
iOS version only
- Added ability to filter selections when using the Lasso tool
- Fixed bug which was preventing images from importing
You can install the new Windows update from the Autodesk Desktop App or by manually downloading it from our website. This version number is 16.2. To be double sure, you can check your version in the Info > About menu. As always, the Web version is updated automatically and an update for iOS is already in the App Store. The full release notes can be found here.
Unfortunately, with this release, we have to say goodbye to our Android version. In an effort to streamline the FormIt product offering, we had to make the hard decision to discontinue the Android app. If you have it installed, it will continue to run. However, you will no longer be able to install it from the Play Store as of today. Any files you saved to Autodesk 360 Drive from the Android app are still available. You can access them using any of the current apps, including the free Web version.
Technology is moving at a fast pace these days – and with it comes disruption. We’ll look at what has happened in the past and what is happening today to see how your firm can come up with a strategy moving forward. Some items to start thinking about: How has your firm been dealing with these disruptions? What lessons has your firm learned? Where is your firm in the “bell curve” of adoption? Are you and your staff being proactive? Are you walking and talking “return on investment” on your processes? Asking these questions and more, we’ll start looking at how to connect strategies together so your firm adopts and progresses with technology, staff, and workflows. After this presentation, you will take the first of many steps in what I call the Constant Cycle of Improvement.
- Understand processes and workflows of the 3 legs of improvement
- Learn how you and your firm can adopt technology – the right way
- Learn how to get off the merry-go-round of “it’s all about the technology”
- Learn how to talk to management and owners about ROI
Jarod Schultz, Director of Specialized Services at initial.aec, helps AEC firms streamline bottlenecks and pain points in their daily workflows and processes. With over 25 years of experience in the AEC industry, he has seen both good and bad workflows first hand. From this experience, Jarod integrates what he has learned to enhance your daily outcomes. These final outcomes will be based on hardware, documentation, videos, workshops, mentoring, and software customized to that final solution. To start the process, he leads with a business strategy session with key team members to assess your current situation. Through his targeted Q&A, he can build a goal-oriented plan to start the process of improving your workflows and processes. Jarod’s expertise is in delivering creative solutions: Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Software | Strategic Growth, Process, and Workflow Management | Sofware Development/Documentation | Presentation/Public Speaking Kazien Event/Emotional Intelligence Practitioner